Lead Software Engineer Job at Virtuo – in Paris (75)
Virtuo is your car, on-demand. We’re bringing all the freedom of driving without the burdens of owning a car for you, our cities & the planet.
Launched in 2016, our on-demand car rental app is releasing cities and their citizens from the burden of car ownership. Virtuo is freeing up space and time, putting the freedom of driving in people’s pockets, not parked on city streets.
Our mission is to create a delightful on-demand car experience.
Our vision is a future with no personal cars.
In 2021, we closed our Series C funding round, led by AXA Venture Partners, and are now active in 21 cities (as well as 30 airports and train stations) across France, Spain, United Kingdom, and Italy (with more to come).
+1,700,000 downloads +100,000 users +3,500 cars +100 Virtuoses
Fundraising in 2021: €96M (Investors: AXA Venture Partners (AVP), Bpifrance Large Venture, Alpha Intelligence Capital, H14, Groupe BPCE, Natixis, Balderton Capital, Iris Capital and RAISE France).
Rewards: Best apps on the app store 2016&18, BPI France and 2021 FrenchTech Top 120.
We are in France, U.K, Spain, and Italy ( soon ), service available in 54 locations
At Virtuo, our technical playground is huge: client website (content, reservation, account management), BtoB portal, mobile application (client or partner), back-office. You will interact daily with Virtuo’s product team. You will also be able to act on a product with more than 1M download and awarded multiple times on app stores.
We have a team of 16 software engineers. Most of them are senior & expert on their topic as our architecture is complex.
We are divided into 3 feature teams:
We are using an agile methodology as we want to deliver fast with a continuous delivery method and 2 weeks sprint.
Your missions :
As a Lead software engineer, you will:
- Work closely with product managers to set the direction and goals
- Provide a strong technical direction for the engineering team
- Lead & coach your engineer team to consistently deliver according to their roadmap
- Ensure compliance to internal standards and practices
- Present the progress and goals
- Contribute to the technical roadmap through architecture meetings, design documents
- What this position will provide you with :
You are going to work on a complex product with a team of expert that is always ready to help out
- The team is passionate about technique and organises every 15 days an open session on technical trends, improvement subject…
- Team spirit : everyone is super energetic, want to share or help when needed
- You are the ideal candidate if :
7+ years of general Information Technology experience
- 1+ years of leadership experience
- Openness to giving and receiving feedback on a real-time basis
- You master :
- Node.js / MongoDB ecosystem.
- Test writing
- Micro-service environment
- Your attention to detail, quality of code
- An experience in startup ecosystem with agile methodology
- You have a good English level
1- Discovery interview with the recruitment team
2- Meet Olivier our CTO
3- Technical test & debriefing with Thomas our Lead Engineer
4- Culture fit interview
- Swile card (lunch card): you’ll finally be able to pay exactly the amounts you need, and be done with lunch paper tickets
- Our Office Manager spoils us: drinks, fruits, snacks … warning to the chocolate and candies addicts!
- Sportive events: if you’re an athlete, you will love it, if you’re not, never too late! You’ll need to burn all those snacks!
- BBQs on our 360° Paris’ rooftop this summer
- Medical reimbursement with Alan: you do everything through your phone? This 100% mobile health mutual is meant for you and will answer quickly to all of your medical needs (Full-time only)
- Remote work
- Significant discount on Virtuo rentals, it’s time to try all the best cars technology during your week-ends and vacation 😉
Job Type: Permanent
Work Location: Multiple Locations
Company: Virtuo –
Company Location: Paris (75)