Contact Centre Representatives Job at WCB Alberta in Edmonton, AB
Contact Centre Representatives
Claims Contact Centre – Edmonton, Alberta
Long-Term Full-Time Positions (6 months with a possibility of extension)
Contact Centre Representatives provide timely and quality service to our customers by responding to inquiries about the claims process or other specific inquiries that may require looking for and providing accurate information. Inquiries are received from all types of stakeholders (workers, employers and their representatives, medical community, government, etc.). Contact Centre Representatives also educate stakeholders on Workers’ Compensation benefits and services.
Successful Contact Centre Representatives may have an opportunity to participate in future Case Assistant training and might be offered opportunities to provide back up support to Customer Service. Experience in the Claims Contact Centre provides an excellent training ground for further career progression to Customer Service in the role of Case Assistant leading to Adjudication and Case Management.
- Using logic and good judgment to quickly assess the caller’s concerns and determine and perform the appropriate action required.
- Provide accurate responses to inquiries from workers, employers, medical and service providers in addition to answering general inquires on WCB matters in a busy inbound call centre.
- Efficiently collect relevant claim related information to assist Adjudication and Case Management teams.
- Accurately document pertinent information in a clear and concise manner.
- Correctly release information to ensure compliance with FOIP legislation.
- Communicate effectively with a diverse group of internal and external customers and stakeholders.
- Provide face to face customer service at the front counter as required.
- Able to achieve first call resolution on the majority of calls received.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience dealing with customers over the phone or face to face.
- Well-developed interpersonal and organizational skills with the ability to efficiently multitask.
- Proficient computer/keyboarding skills are essential with experience using MS Office.
- Must be flexible and able to adapt to a dynamic environment.
- Reliability is critical and you must be able to work between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 4:45 p.m., Monday to Friday, with occasional shift changes.
- Professional and positive behaviour is a must.
- Ability to independently make decisions and handle complex inquiries.
- Post-secondary education in a health related discipline, business, science or arts with related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience is an asset.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and/or other related experience is a definite benefit.
- Experience in an inbound contact/call centre is an asset.
Grade 7 Start Rate: $51,468.00 to Job Rate: $57,156.00
Please submit resumes online quoting tracking #J021-0875 at www.wcb.ab.ca/careers. External candidates will also be considered.
Company: WCB Alberta
Company Location: Edmonton, AB