Bellperson – Full Time Job at Toronto Marriott City Centre – in Toronto, ON
BELLPERSON- FULL TIME
@ The Toronto Marriott City Centre
Who We Are:
The Toronto Marriott City Centre Hotel is the world’s only hotel located in a major league sports and entertainment venue, the Rogers Centre. Our distinctive hotel features 344 rooms, including 70 field-view rooms and Restaurant and Lounge with floor-to-ceiling windows offering a panoramic view of the stadium.
Our core values make us who we are—putting people first, pursuing excellence, embracing change, acting with integrity, and serving our world.
We provide a meaningful environment to associates enabling them to thrive both professionally and personally with industry-leading benefits, discounted stays at Marriott properties worldwide, extended medical and dental benefits as well as career development and training opportunities.
Marriott Hotels of Canada is proud to have been recognized on Forbes list of Canada’s Best Employers for several years running including in 2022.
What we’ll offer you:
At the Toronto Marriott City Centre, we provide a fun, safe and supportive work environment in a culture that values diversity and inclusion.
- Competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits plan which includes health insurance, dental insurance, vision care and more.
- Discounted hotel stays and food & beverage for you, your friends & family at over 7,000 properties worldwide across 131 countries and territories and 30 brands.
- A supportive, diverse, and inclusive environment for all that prioritizes understanding and integrating Team Members’ unique perspectives and voices and that’s committed to their mental and physical wellbeing.
- World-class service training program and job-specific training opportunities to empower life-long learning and to encourage Team Members to find the careers that are right for them.
What you’ll do:
The saying goes that “first impressions last a lifetime.” As the Bellperson, you are the first associate to greet every guest as they arrive at the hotel. The Marriott Arrival Experience starts with you and sets the tone for the entire stay! You can determine if a guest will return to the hotel or choose another property for their next visit to Toronto. You can determine if they recommend our hotel to friends and colleagues. Do you consider yourself a warm and welcoming ambassador to our city? If yes, we’d like to meet you.
The responsibilities of this position include:
- Warmly welcome and greet all guests as first point of contact with the Hotel
- Ensure that all guest inquiries are answered and followed up on to enhance the guest experience at every opportunity.
- Unload and deliver luggage to the guest’s room.
- Retrieve luggage from the guestroom(s), upon request.
- Deliver packages, mail and faxes to occupied guestrooms upon arrival.
- Provide complimentary shoeshine when requested.
- Be knowledgeable of local area, local attractions, entertainment, and landmarks; and be able to provide directions when requested.
- Maintain a clean and organized lobby and Hotel entrance as well as storage areas for guest belongings.
- Maintain the traffic flow at Hotel entrance.
- Provide guests with claim tickets for every item stored.
- Tag and hold cars in the absence of valet parking attendants.
- Assist guests with transportation using only authorized and licensed vehicles.
- Respond to guest concerns and issues using the LEARN process.
- To complete other duties as assigned
What you’ll offer us:
We are looking for a dynamic, energetic individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment and fosters a culture of respect and positivity.
- Minimum of one year current related work experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Previous customer service experience preferred.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
- Be a professional team player, who is well-organized and able to work on own initiative.
- Must have a valid G driver’s license & impeccable driving record and must be able to drive both manual and automatic transmission.
- Ability to lift up to 60 pounds.
- Ability to work a variety of shifts.
The Toronto Marriott City Centre Hotel is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a positive and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. Accommodations will be made available upon request for applicants with disabilities to enable them to participate in the selection process. If you require assistance or a reasonable accommodation in completing the application materials or any aspect of the selection process, please contact the Human Resources Department upon application.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $15.77 per hour
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Store discount
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
- Are you available to work Saturday and Sunday? (weekends are mandatory)
- customer service: 2 years (required)
- G Driver’s License (required)
Expected start date: 2022-05-27
Company: Toronto Marriott City Centre –
Company Location: Toronto, ON