Administrative Assistant Job at Stephenville, TX in Stephenville, TX
The position provides administrative support to unit supervisor and staff. The position interacts routinely with Texas Department of Family and Protective Services staff and the general public.
To learn more about the agency, please click here.
WHY WORK FOR DFPS?
The Texas Department of Family and Protective Services (DFPS) is responsible for protecting the unprotected — children, elderly, and people with disabilities — from abuse, neglect, and exploitation. DFPS accomplishes this responsibility by employing over 12,000 workers who live up to the agency’s Mission, Vision, & Values in service to the 27 million citizens of Texas.
DFPS is not only a qualifying organization for the Service Loan Forgiveness Program, which forgives the remaining balance on college student Direct Loans after making 120 qualifying monthly payments, but also offers excellent health benefits, special discounts on many products and services through the Discount Purchase Program, a lifetime monthly retirement annuity as well as Texa$aver 401(k) and 457 Programs under the Employees Retirement System of Texas. An additional benefit you will receive is 12 days of paid annual leave, 12 sick days, and the potential to earn up to four days of administrative leave each year. Your annual paid leave accrual increases as your tenure increases.
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs data entry into IMPACT and other electronic programs and systems.
- Answers and screens telephone inquiries; takes and routes messages and records intake information for referral to caseworkers.
- Prepares and maintains statistical reports, leave and personnel records, case control systems, case records and related files for the unit. Functions as the unit timekeeper and will process purchase orders as directed.
- Types correspondence, forms narratives, travel vouchers, meeting notes, performance evaluations, and other documents to support work of the unit and files related documents.
- Provides program and agency information and/or makes referrals to other community resources.
- Greets visitors, responds to general questions, and directs callers to proper location.
- Performs other duties as assigned and required to maintain unit operations.
- Promotes and demonstrates appropriate respect for cultural diversity among coworkers and all work-related contacts.
- Attends work regularly in accordance with agency leave policy.
Knowledge Skills Abilities:
- Knowledge of computers.
- Skill in using Microsoft Works or Windows environment.
- Skill in working in an office supporting several staff members.
- Ability to effectively handle multiple assignments in a dynamic environment.
Registration or Licensure Requirements:
Initial Selection Criteria:
- Graduation from high school or equivalent
- One year full-time administrative support, general office, clerical, secretarial or Texas Department of Family and Protective Services experience.
- Thirty semester hours from an accredited college or university may be substituted on a year for year basis for the required experience
Requisition # 469686
Factors such as education and experience may be considered when establishing the starting salary for employees coming from other state agencies within Texas.
Interview Requirements: Any candidate who is called to an agency for an interview must notify the interviewing agency in writing of any reasonable accommodation needed prior to the date of the interview.
Note: Military occupation(s) that relate to the initial selection criteria and registration or licensure requirements for this position may include: 42A, YN, 0111, 3A1X1. For more information see the Texas State Auditor’s Military Crosswalk here.
HHS agencies use E-Verify. You must bring your I-9 documentation with you on your first day of work.
I-9 Form – Click here to download the I-9 form.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), HHS agencies will provide reasonable accommodation during the hiring and selection process for qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance completing the on-line application, contact the HHS Employee Service Center at 1-888-894-4747. If you are contacted for an interview and need accommodation to participate in the interview process, please notify the person scheduling the interview.
Company: Stephenville, TX
Company Location: Stephenville, TX