2022 Economic Internship – Cologne Job at Frontier Economics Limited – in Köln
- Please note that we are looking to fill positions starting from January 2022
Frontier is an economics consultancy that tackles the big questions facing governments, businesses and society. We support our clients on some of the most interesting, topical and high-profile issues across these areas. We help our clients to analyse and understand their markets and to formulate strategies based on sound economics. The methods and models we use are often complex, but our advice is always succinct, clear and honest. We use our analysis to provide insight into complex situations, giving clients jargon-free opinions and results that can withstand even the closest scrutiny.
We advise across sectors and countries and we are one of the largest economic consultancies in Europe with more than 200 Economists based in our offices in Brussels, Berlin, Cologne, Dublin, London, Paris and Madrid. Owned entirely by our staff, our business attracts the best people and the most interesting work. We go beyond the numbers to find out what’s really going on. Our clients enjoy objective advice, clearly expressed. With our help, they make better decisions and get better results.
About the internship*
We aim to make your time with us as meaningful and interesting as possible. Our typical internships, in all offices, run for 8 to 12 weeks but we also offer longer internships from 6 to 12 months typically to those who have already obtained their undergraduate or postgraduate degree. We are now looking for interns to start from anytime from June 2021 and further onwards.
On the first day of your internship, you will have an induction covering different areas of Frontier and you will receive some basic training on various software packages and programmes that we use. You will also meet your mentor, who has the responsibility for giving you advice, day-to-day guidance and feedback on your performance. You will discuss with your mentor what practices you will work in and what projects you are initially working on.
You will also have a “buddy” – an Analyst who is on hand to answer any general queries you have about Frontier. During your internship you will find yourself working in project teams with Analysts, Consultants and Directors. You will receive guidance, feedback and support throughout your internship and we welcome your feedback on us too. After your internship you can apply to become an Analyst.
You will be responsible for: *
- Delivering a robust and accurate technical or theoretical analysis in a timely way, guided by more experienced consultants
- Contributing to the writing of reports or notes, written in a logical and well-structured manner using language appropriate for the intended audience
- Applying economic frameworks, ranging from economic equilibrium theory to econometric modelling
- Developing your Excel, Stata and modelling skills
- Working collaboratively with your project team/s as appropriate, while also being able to work alone on a piece of analysis seeking support when required
- Managing your own work and time to ensure you meet the agreed project deadlines, seeking advice from more experienced consultants as required; and,
- Work with Frontier economists across EMEA.
- You will be predicted or have obtained a 2:1 Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) and a Masters, with an overall strong focus in Economics
- Strong interest and understanding of micro-economics
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative environment
- Strong Excel skills
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
What you need to do next*
If you are excited about this opportunity, we’d love to hear from you! Submit your application now!
(We would strongly encourage applicants to apply early as positions will close once vacancies are filled)
When applying please only submit one application to your preferred office. You can still select other offices that you are interested in on the application form.
Please note that you are not required to upload a photo to your CV.
We are determined that everyone has an equal chance to join us and progress their career with Frontier. We care about creating an inclusive atmosphere and are committed to promoting diversity and inclusion in all its forms. Read more about our incentives here:
Frontier Economics is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law._
Job Type: Full-time
Company: Frontier Economics Limited –
Company Location: Köln