1st/2nd Line Support Analyst Job at Frontier Economics Limited – in Köln
Sitting within the IT Team, the 1st/2nd Line Support Analyst is responsible for providing support (both onsite and remotely) to our offices throughout Europe.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for providing IT support and will have a genuine desire to help. They will have excellent communication skills and a willingness to learn. In addition the Support Analyst will have strong team working skills and a flexible approach. This role is based in Cologne. As a result fluency in German and English is essential.
We are looking for an experienced individual who will be responsible for:
Providing excellent customer service to all colleagues working onsite and remotely.
- Delivering first class advice and support to ensure an outstanding employee experience.
- Responding to all ad-hoc requests in a timely and efficient manner
- Managing incidents and requests in a dedicated management tool.
- Applying a “can do” attitude when responding to different requests.
- Having a desire for continuous improvement of own knowledge and wider IT solutions.
- Delivering against key objectives and understand, and succeed in, SLA attainment.
- Prioritising urgent requests across all Frontier offices.
- Reacting positively to varied or difficult situations.
- Handling multiple tasks and assisting other team members.
The successful candidate must be willing to travel to all of our European offices (when required) to support colleagues and assist with offices moves/expansions. In addition they need to support with project work out of hours/weekend cover.
- Proficient use of all Office 365 applications.
- Good knowledge of Desktop applications and operating systems knowledge (Windows 10/Server 2016/O365).
- Technical fault diagnosis skills.
- Basic Active Directory/Exchange/O365 administration desirable (training can be provided)
- Laptop deployment, basic SCCM knowledge
- Exposure to Networking including switches, routers (DHCP,TCP/IP, DNS, cabling)
- iOS and Apple Devices, MDM
- Audio and video conferencing solutions
- Printing and Scanning Solutions
- Patch Management
- Incident or problem management
- Relevant Microsoft and Networking qualifications, CompTIA A+ and N+ or relevant experience or willingness to attain*
- At least two years relevant work experience
- Experience working in a high volume environment.
In addition to stimulating and thought-provoking project work, we offer numerous benefits to support you inside and outside of work. All employees have access to numerous Learning & Development opportunities including ongoing Career Development Reviews with the support of an allocated Mentor.
We understand the importance of work/life balance and offer flexible working arrangements including working from home. In addition we provide 28 days annual leave with the option to purchase an additional 10.
Frontier is entirely owned by its employees. As Shareholders, we encourage everyone to put forward their views. Not only do we influence how the company is run but we choose to distribute as much of our profits as is prudently possible through bonuses. In addition we offer a highly rewarding salary.
Should you have any questions or would like any additional information please email Tara McCallum – [email protected]
We are looking forward to receiving your application.
Frontier Economics is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law._ We are determined that everyone has an equal chance to join us and progress their career with Frontier. We care about creating an inclusive atmosphere and are committed to promoting diversity and inclusion in all its forms. Read more about our incentives here.
Job Type: Full-time
Company: Frontier Economics Limited –
Company Location: Köln